The European Society of Aerospace Medicine was founded in 2006 as an umbrella organisation in the field of Aerospace Medicine. As a pan-European, independent forum, it works to promote the safety and health of all persons involved in aviation and space operations , and to coordinate European aerospace medical interests across all national and organisational boundaries.
We aim to assist the various responsible bodies in the development and harmonisation of educational activities in aerospace medicine throughout Europe, and to develop continuous information flows and dialogue between the National Aeromedical Associations, and encourage the exchange of scientific results and experience. We strive to reach a consensus which can then contribute to the scientific evidence base which should be the foundation of aeromedical decision making.
Dear colleagues and friends of the ESAM Member Associations,
After the closure of the nominations, the names for the positions, their photographs, CV’s and motivation letters are now published on our ESAM.aero website, please have a look: https://www.esam.aero/esam/elections/elections2022.
The elections will take place between 10 and 22 September via an electronic voting system, so that we can communicate the results during our General Assembly on Saturday 24 September at the ICAM in Paris; voting is reserved to Associations who have paid their dues, at least in 2021.
I need the e-mail address of the person who will vote for your Association, many thanks.
ESAM is very grateful for your support in this important voting process for the senior leadership of our common European Society!
All the best, amicaliter,
Chair of the ESAM Nomination Committee
EASA has been working on setting up a PhD scheme to develop partnerships with European Universities and academia, to share and disseminate knowledge in innovative, emerging fields relevant to aviation.
A Press Release was released on the EASA website to announce a call for abstracts from PhD students for the following domains:
• Artificial intelligence (AI) in aviation
1. Development of applications integrated into civil aviation products along EASA AI roadmap, including validation and verification solutions
• Impact of climate change and extreme weather phenomena on the air transport system
1. Methodologies and tools for assessing the impact of changes to weather phenomena on civil air transport system components and operations
• Environmental sustainability of air transport (emissions, noise, air quality, other nuisance, ...)
1. Methodologies and tools to assess the impact of aviation products and operations and the proposed mitigations
• New approaches and methods for safety risk management in aviation
1. New methods, tools to support safety analysis, risk identification and management, safety culture
Dear Member Associations ,
Here is your Nomination Committee Chair again, this time with another request.
During our GA at the ICAM conference in Paris, we should also appoint a new Nomination Committee of 3 persons, and 2 new Auditors !
The actual ones were appointed at the congress in Prague and their replacement is overdue. It are not difficult tasks, for the Nominating Committee every year around this time the member associations must be reminded about the vote for a new President-Elect or a new Executive Committee (alternating) , the practical issues are handled by our webmaster and administrative assistant ; for the auditors, at the GA they go through the (small) financial book-keeping together with our treasurer to check if it has been handled correctly.
We work together across Europe to promote the health, performance and safety of people who fly through the use of evidence science and consensus.
Learn about the member associations of each country by clicking on their flag